RECYCLING LEFTOVERS OR NOT

I remember something I heard from a man who was scolding his son for misbehaving. I asked him “what was wrong?” So he tells me, “he doesn’t value that I do so much for him, my father never took me to the park, never ever and here I bring him and he is throwing attitude towards me.” The child was howling, throwing a tantrum and tears rolling down till his neck.

I don’t know how the whole thing started so I do not know who’s to blame but I did not like what the father said. How he compared himself to his father, gave himeself a certificate of being better than his father and pointing it out to his son.

Most of the parents think that if they are better than their parents than they have won. What if your parents were 10%? Then you will aim 15% and belive that you have done good, that is not right. What does your child get? Only extra 5% and ear full of hearing how much I am better because my parents never did this for me, what I am doing for you.

Sometimes its better to unlearn and rescript your past, so that you can aim for 100%. In reality no one can be 100% because you are going to go wrong somewhere as there are no perfect parents but atleast your mistakes are yours, they are not passed on to you from your parents.

You are really blessed if your parents are 90% then you are so sorted out that you only have to work for the rest of the 10%.

Parenting is all about giving your best no matter what you have got in your past. 

Isn’t the what unconditional love is?

Its like left over food  sometimes if if it is good you can make a superb dish but if the leftover itself was not good no point even trying to make something out of it. Best is to throw them and make something new right from scratch.
I had this desi channa sabji leftover from lunch.


Since it was very nice used it to make fried rice. It turned out very nice.


Recipe

Serves 2

Ingredients:

3 cups cooked rice

1 cup any pulses sabji

3 cloves garlic finely chopped 

1 onion chopped 

1 tomato chopped

1 tbsp oil

Few curry leaves

1 tsp turmeric

3 tsp chilli powder 

1/2 lemon juice 

Salt to taste 

Corinader as garnish

Method:

In a non stick pan heat the oil. Add the curry leaves. Once they splutter add onions and garlic. Once the onions are pink, add the tomatoes. Cook for 5 mins. 

Add the sabji, rice, turmeric, chilli, rice, salt and mix well.  

Add the lemon juice and coriander, cook for a minute and serve hot.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s